I have never been one to do crazy things. Okay, yes I drank underage. I started smoking young. I got my tongue pierced at 17. I even hopped a fence once. However, I was generally a good quiet girl. The same can be said today really, but I have noticed a change. Little Man is seven weeks old today and in some ways I feel like I have been "Mommy" forever. I realize this obviously isn't true, but that doesn't change the feeling. So, a few weeks ago I picked out a box of hair dye. I have colored my hair once in my life, but because it is so dark and I didn't bleach it you really could only tell it was a little lighter if I was in the right light. Well, I really don't think that is going to be the case this time. I picked up a box that is for dark hair color. For such a calm and reserved girl, the name of the color alone scares the crap out of me. Get this: Ultra Intense Red. Whoa. I haven't done it yet because I am too nervous. Does that prove how reserved I am? I am too nervous to color my hair. Which is why my getting a tattoo tomorrow makes no sense whatsoever.
Yep, that's right, I am getting a tattoo. Actually, Alan and I both are. We are being all cutsey and getting a couple's tattoo. He already has three, this is nothing to him. To me, this is like establishing that I am not just a wife and mother. I am also a bad ass!
You see, slowly in the last seven weeks, something has been nagging at me in the back of my head. It is telling me "hey, I know you just had a baby and you are supposed to be all responsible and crap, but let's do something crazy! Something drastic! Something so not like you! It'll be freaking AWESOME!!" I wish I knew why, I wish it made sense. Alan says it's because so much is changing but I just don't know. All I know is that for the first time in my life I don't feel like the good little girl next door. And that feels pretty freaking awesome.
Love,
Mom
Did you find yourself changing after becoming a parent? What was your reasoning? Let me know in the comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment